CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My experiences and other wives.

I was going to post this a few days ago, but did not have much time. 

So far moving to California really hasn't been all that bad. 
Yes we are in the desert but a plus side is no mosquito's! 

Coming from Oklahoma, that is a big thing!! It is so nice to just go outside
and have a cook out with friends and not get eaten up. 

I also like the fact that here you can just pick a dirt road, drive a ways down it, 
find a side of a mountain, set up a target, and practice shooting! Its actually
pretty nice :) 

We also got to go watch a drive in movie, which was a lot of fun
 and made me feel a little closer to home:) 

I do miss my family and friends, but I also have my husband here and Lilly
and am making new friends. They will never replace the ones I have
but its nice to get to know new people. 

I do also have one of my best friends and her family here so that is nice too!

Now to my experience with meeting some other Marine wives. 

Not going to lie I was pretty nervous. A lot of people kept telling me 
"Oh Marine wives are so judgmental and rude." 
"They are stuck up and wont give you the time of day" 
"Not all of them are B's but most are" 

Yeah that's not a very good reputation and part of me hates that fact 
that now that I am a Marine wife some people will think that of me. 

 Now as far as the judgmental part, the ones I have met, yeah a few are.. 
But they wont judge you to your face..

There is one that is my neighbor and she is really nice and a great person! 
but I also met some that weren't so nice. 

One girl just sat and stared at me and kept giving me some bad looks.
Idk what her deal was.. 

There was like 3 wives and 1 girlfriend there.. and I really didn't have
much of a conversation with the wives. besides my neighbor.  

But I did talk a lot to the girlfriend and her and her Marine did tell 
me I was a lot nicer than the others. I am really glad they thought 
that because I do NOT want to be seen as the "typical wife" 

But honestly, I don't really feel its the whole Marine wife Part of it... 
I think its just women/girls in general. 
seriously you put a bunch of girls together in a close environment
there is bound to be drama. and when you put them all in the 
desert it probably doesn't make it any better.

I did feel bad for the girlfriend though, she was a very nice girl, but as 
soon as her and her marine left all the other girls started talking.
Saying things about how the Marine isn't himself any more 
and they don't like her for that...

Umm Hellooo It is his choice to be different or not so be mad at him..
and seriously if those girls think their husbands act the same around
them as they do their friends and at work they are sadly mistaken.

Well so far this has been my experience with living here and other wives. 

Now those wives were in the 18-20 year old range , so maybe there
is still some growing up to do but i feel once you get married 
you need to pick it up a bit.. you don't only represent yourself any more
you represent your husband and all the other wives out there! 



1 comment:

  1. So glad the transition is going okay for you...keep us posted, love the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments and for the love and support! I love meeting new people and making new friends, so please feel free to comment about anything and everything! :)